Thursday, March 6, 2014

Choco Muffins


Choco Muffins
Serves:  9 muffins| Cooking time: 15 - 20 mins

Cup cakes are my childhood favorites. The smell of those cup cakes from local bakery still lingers in my nose.. Wow!!! missing those local items here. 

I can eat anything out of chocolate and  i was searching for a simple muffin recipe to treat my taste buds. Long back i even bought muffin liners and baking trays.  I was waiting for the right recipe and right time. 

I saw many recipes which called for items not in my pantry. But finally i found one. This is from Raks kitchen. 

I just did slight (very slight) modifications. The muffins came out really good. A light evening snack!!!!!




 Ingredients


All Purpose Flour
 ¾ Cup
Cocoa Powder
2 ½ Tbsp
Baking soda
½ Tsp
Salt
A pinch
Sugar
½ Cup
Oil
¼ cup
Cold water
½ cup
Vanilla essence
1 Tsp
Milk
2 Tbsp
Lemon Juice
2Tsp

 Method

1. Sieve and mix the dry ingredients (All purpose flour, cocoa powder, Baking powder). Then add salt and sugar to it. Mix uniformly.


2. In another bowl mix oil, water, milk and vanilla essence. Now mix the wet and dry ingredients.


3. Preheat the oven to 375 . Mix the lemon juice when the oven is ready. Mix the lemon juice evenly. Fill the baking tray lined with muffin cups. Make sure to fill up to 3/4th using a spoon.


4. After 13- 15 mins the muffins would have raised. Insert a tooth pick/ knife. If it comes out clean, it means muffins are cooked. Remove it from oven. Brush/ Coat the muffins with milk to avoid drying of the upper layer.






No comments:

Post a Comment