Friday, December 20, 2013

Thiruvadarai Kali

Thiruvadarai Kali

IMG_0657


This is my first Blog. I am starting with thiruvadarai Kali. This is an easy way of making Kali. I have used sonnamasoori rice since I had only that in my home.

Ingredients

Rice ½ Cup
Jaggery ½ Cup
Grated Coconut ¼ Cup
Cardamoms 1-3 Pods
Water 1 ¼ cups

For Seasoning


Cashews 4-5 nos
Raisins 4-5 nos
Ghee ¼ tbsp.

Method

1. Dry roast the rice till it becomes golden to dark brown. Do not burn it.

IMG_0640IMG_0645


2. After it cools down, grind it coarsely.  In a cooker, melt the jaggery with by adding water. Add the rice once the jaggery melts. (The water would have started boiling)

3. Add the coconut and cardamom.

4. Pressure cook and wait for three whistles.

5. In a pan, add heat ghee and then add the items under seasoning. Fry for few minutes. Add this to the cooked kali after the pressure is released completely.





1 comment:

  1. kali looks great and a easy simple recipe ....

    ReplyDelete